Hello OPEN Community,
We are excited to announce the launch of the OPEN DApp Development Competition! Along with our new developer portal and bug bounty program, we want to continue to focus on bringing talented developers to engage the OPEN ecosystem.
- We have spent a significant amount of time focused on building easy to use, intuitive user tools for interacting with our platform and OPEN Chain. An explorer for OPEN Chain, wallet, delegating and much more have all been released.
- OPEN Chain looks to build upon existing protocols and provide a high-throughput smart contract platform that allows developers to deploy a wide range of DApps. Developers can deploy smart contracts on OPEN Chain in all JVM languages. This opens up development to a wider variety of existing languages that are already used including Java, Clojure, Groovy, Kotlin, and Scala. OPEN Chain relies on DPoS and BFT for consensus which has shown to reach a TPS of 5,000 in initial tests.
- The Platform allows developers to deploy payment scaffolds and integrate cryptocurrency payment gateways in both their centralized and decentralized applications in a way that abstracts away complexities of the development process.
- Ready to use SDKS for our platform include GoLang, Python, JVM, JS, and more. These SDKS make development along with the OPEN Platform usable across your blockchain application or hybrid applications.
In this program, we will be rewarding developers for building applications leveraging OPEN’s technology. With our released SDKs and documentation, developers can choose to deploy scaffolds/integrate the API or build a DApp on top of OPEN Chain.
We are interested in a wide variety of applications. Some initial ideas include:
- Gaming: NFTs, crypto collectibles, gambling
- DeFi: Collateralized lending, decentralized exchanges, derivatives
- Payments: Gateway for centralized applications or allow token exchange in a DApp
- UI Improvements: Updates to our existing wallet
We want to keep this competition open-ended and would love to see where development teams take this challenge.
The development of decentralized applications in the industry has been slow. With our robust OPEN Chain and Platform documentation, we are providing the tools necessary for developers to easily deploy DApps on top of OPEN Chain.
- First Place Team: $10,000
- Second Place Team: $7,500
- Third Place Team: $2,500
- Rewards are in token based on equivalent token value at the time of payout
- Application Reward: 1000 – 5000 OPEN tokens
- Submit a valid application with an original idea and detailed plan and we will pick up to 10 submissions to win OPEN Tokens
- The top 3 teams will also receive additional development/technical support from OPEN’s development team to continue to improve the DApp. Development teams that have shown progress will be eligible for additional grants.
Projects will be judged on a variety of criteria:
Use of OPEN Technology
- We are looking for projects that leverage OPEN’s technology in novel ways. For example, creating a payment gateway for a centralized application using the OPEN API and showing sample payment flows would be an interesting use case.
- Please start by taking a look at https://www.openfuture.io/developer-portal.html
- Projects will be expected to submit a Github, displaying their codebase. Please include all required documentation. We plan on having follow up calls with the winning teams to discuss improvements and provide feedback.
- How original is the idea in relation to existing DApps?
Product Development Roadmap
- What is the path to achieving more users? Are there plans to include more features? How long will the current development sprint take?
- 6/21: Competition application released
- 7/21: Competition application deadline to submit team information and idea
- 7/21: Begin development and reach out here/Telegram with any questions
- 9/20: Deadline to submit final DApp and all required documentation.
- 9/25: Winners contacted with follow up from OPEN Development team
To Start: Apply now!
Submit Final DApp Here
Please reach out with any questions. We look forward to seeing your submissions. Best of luck!
Please visit our user guide documentation for more details on developer resources